Financial Literacy refers to the awareness and knowledge on financial matters and services that effectively facilitates the skills, behavior and attitude of an individual towards impactful financial decision helpful for personal well-being as well for the society as a whole.
To create an empowered nation with right knowledge and skills for making responsible financial decisions, these guidelines are considered to achieve the following set of objectives:
- Strengthen financial knowledge base so as to promote responsible financial behavior of the individual;
- Capacitate people towards DFS and raise awareness against financial fraud, reduce associated risk and enhance consumer protection;
- Reduce gender gap in financial services;
- Ensure delivery of synchronized financial literacy based on the needs of different target groups through effective tools and monitoring mechanism;
- Establish sustainable financial literacy infrastructure at the community as well as national level through creating enabling environment for the Financial Literacy Providers (FLPs).
Financial Literacy Events: